- Water & Sewer
- Lawn Irrigation
Lawn Sprinkler Ordinance
- Please do not water if it has rained 1 inches within 7 days
- rain sensors are mandatory on all new sprinkler installations
- voluntary installation is recommended for existing automatic sprinkler systems
The Township shall be divided into two water management Areas:
- North Area shall divide at Horseneck Road and River Road from Changebridge Road to Knoll Road extending into the entire lands north.
- South Area shall include Horseneck Road and River Road from Changebridge Road to Knoll Road extending into all lands south.
Water Management Ordinance for Lawn Sprinklers
- Applies only to unattended watering systems. This includes automatic watering systems for lawns, shrubs and trees. Unattended means that the watering system is without human supervision while watering.
- Applies to all properties regardless of whether they are served by a private well or are on the public water system. Also applies to private water associations.
- NJ State Water Restrictions, should they be imposed, would supersede local ordinances. They can be more strict but not less strict. Should the state impose odd/even-watering schedules, Montville would remain on the two-Area system, which is equivalent.
The North Area shall be permitted to water daily on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday for no longer than 25 minutes per day in each lawn zone or section to be watered.
- Wednesday - Tuesday Midnight to Wednesday Midnight
- Friday - Thursday Midnight to Friday Midnight
- Sunday - Saturday Midnight to Sunday Midnight
- Tuesday - Monday Midnight to Tuesday Midnight
- Thursday - Wednesday Midnight to Thursday Midnight
- Saturday - Friday Midnight to Saturday Midnight